Saturday, March 03, 2007
missing the point

one of my leaders from church called me up before cell group and turned our conversation into an uncomfortable one... well, for me that is.

my church's "arise and build" building pledge season was coming to an end and my leader wanted to pick members who received tremendous blessings so that they could give their testimony on how God never short changed them as they were faithful in their giving (especially their pledges)

i told my leader that i had a testimony (nothing to do with my pledge even though I've completed it). it was about the opportunity to serve in CF as a KG leader. but they needed to [quote] " emphasize on financial blessings or blessings from your family". thus didn't need me to share my testimony on that day.

confession: i couldn't be bothered to go cell group that night at all.

here i am, under circumstances trying my best to save my Dad some money; easing his burden by studying locally this year and demanding nothing more than just my monthly allowance... yet their idea of blessings are the materials which come from my parents. please.

confession2: went out with the gang instead. had the best time at Kepong. guilty pleasure?

Philippians 2:1-4

1If you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any fellowship with the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion,
2then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and purpose.
3Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves.
4Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others.


confession3 : Looks like I am the one who have missed the point.


On 8:11 AM, Victor let go.