Wednesday, September 26, 2007
LAMP CAMP

my mid-semester break has been incredible. first the ball, now this.
LAMP(Leadership through Adventure Program) Training Camp.

well, the name of the camp speaks for itself.
2 brutal days of non stop 'outbound activities' action.
some of the activities we (the Christian Fellowship Committee and KG leaders) experienced were rope course, mountain biking, orienteering and other team building games.

i'm physically drained, my legs are badly bruised and my upper body aches badly.
but hey, i'm not complaining.

for me personally, perseverance and courage was the main theme for the whole camp.
to climb a tree(huge ass tree i might add) with just a rope and some fancy equipments at my size, it is not easy. what pushed me to my limits was the encouragement of my fellow leaders.

the whole experience was a blessing to me, learning such practical ways in becoming a better friend, a more responsible leader and play a bigger role in the Christian Fellowship.
Besides that, i got to see some of the true colors of my leaders.
through the hardship we've been put through together, true characters including our strength and weaknesses were obvious.
My CF president said "the true flavor of tea can only be tasted when Hot water is used".

another amazing thing was that the team from MAPS (Ministry through Adventure Programs) came to train us voluntarily. 6 or 7 of them all together.
they had to take leave from their work in Kl, Penang and Singapore just to spend time with us and they do not get paid. their willingness and passion for the ministry is just awesome.

it's gonna be a tough on to get over. i'm still overwhelmed by how much i've gained in this camp. my perception of God's work, God's people and God's love has reached a greater level.


On 9:51 PM, Victor let go.