Saturday, July 08, 2006
Murphy's Law

Murphy's Law.
if something can go wrong, it will go wrong.
if you try to do something about it, it will still go wrong.
if you do not do anything about it, it will go wrong too.

yeah, it's a pretty simple law that explains how shit keeps happening to us.

i just collected my new ic a few days ago...
dang! what a day i had to go through just to go through a 2 minute process of collecting my ic.

i guess i slept a little later than i should the night before i wanted to collecy my ic at PJ state.
but yea, not-surprisingly...i woke up a little later than planned.
i reached the ' Jabatan Pendaftaran Negara' around 11.45am. and guess what they told me?

JPN employee: ya?
me : oh, i would like to collect my ic.
JPN employee: our system is down, and so happened we are closing early today at 12.
me : itsss... not 12 yet.
JPN employee: (smiles)... come back around 2.45.
me : alright. [dang it! RM10 taxi fair to PJ -state for no bloody reason]

so i went to Mid Valley to kill time [ originally plan was to chill there after i collected my ic]
anyways, spent RM5 to get there and pampered myself till 2.45 pm.
spent RM8 to get back to JPN... collected my ic... spent another RM10 to reach home.

there... everything that could go wrong eventually got screwed up and cost me an extra RM 18.

i think the Murphy Law applies to Big issues in our lives too rather than just the most annoying minor situations such as misplacing items that are most crucial at that moment of time.

relationships especially.
something that seemed special but wrong at the same time...
that relationship won't last long... it will go wrong. no doubt.
no point doing anything about it, not doing anything doesn't help either.
just let it go i suppose. it's for our own good.


On 2:52 PM, Victor let go.