Monday, July 14, 2008
bittersweet

a day after i found out about my result, i went to my course management office for advice on how to deal with my results and also about the details on whether i could apply for a 'Near Pass' for my failed subject.

if you guys didn't already know, dealing with the course management advisers is just not advisable;
they are rude, snobbish and very 'Monash'.

[situation]

Me: Hey, i would like to apply for a NP for one of subject... how do i go about doing that?
Lady: you must be in your final semester to apply for a NP. if you're enrolled before 08', you can apply NP for 2 subjects.

Me: ah, meaning before i graduate and if this 1 subject is stopping me from graduating...only i apply?
Lady: Yes, only after you get your final finals result...its actually printed on that notice over there *points over the notice board in the office*

Me: *jokingly* wah, so much words.
Lady: That...is call lazy. *not a smile*

friend1: meaning what? we cannot apply now?
Lady: Its online. you can read from there...

friend2: hmm, what do i need when i apply?
Lady: Everything is online! i know playing online games are fun and all...but...

---This is where i stopped the lady's unnecessary sarcarsm---

Me: Eh! can you learn abit of patience when dealing with the students?!
*continues with an aggresive tone*
We come to you guys for assistance...*stutters*..Can you not talk like that to us?!
I then mumbled "You Are Paid to Talk to the students!" before i stomped out from the room.

Honestly, it felt great giving the Monash course management adviser a piece of my mind. But more importantly, i felt great that i have toned down my aggression. I said what was needed to be said without cursing or saying things like " If all i need is a reminder that i can get the information online, just put up a notice and stop pretending being useful in front of me"...

but just realized that i need to go through them to apply my NP in the future.

shit.


On 8:28 PM, Victor let go.