Sunday, May 14, 2006
lovely weekend

City Harvest Church presented a special event; musical drama this weekend.
it was called 'Mid Monsoon Love'.
the whole thing was just sensational.
the church was on its feet as soon as the musical drama ended.
a well deserved standing ovation for all performers indeed.

anyways, my pastor preached about the 5 love languages.
which are...
each of us have different love language(s) in our lives...
some people might feel love only when they receive gifts ....
some might need to be constantly told by their love ones.
some want that affirmation,
some couldn't care less but to display their affection.

for me...
words; don't really count (sad but true)

too many times promises have been broken;
lies have been told;
misunderstandings have occured;


words may be pleasing at times, but it can -Cut-as well.
i should know.
i have hurt too many loved ones. i've been hurt too.
bible tells us that 'offences are inevitable'...but i think - 'avoidable'.
~what i've been trying to do eversince~
i know my weaknesseSss. Not being a "word" sensitive person is one of em'.

my love language is quality time.
some examples...

the only time i spend with my dad when he's free is when we're watching the television,
especially a game of soccer together.
we would get our favourite snacks and drinks ready before the match start.
though it's not much, but its significant enough to strengthen the bond between the both of us.

as for my mom, i love it when i disturb her when she's reading on her bed just before her bedtime.

i'll just go to my parents room and hang out there ... read the newspaper or articles with them.
so ya, i get loadz of nagging from my mom... such as
"kern sui, you see this article about eating healthy? "
"nah! take this and read, its on how to loose weight "
" no homework ah? go do some reading... take this article.."
"see kern sui! this boy so poor but can do so well in his exam. you so lazeee! so spoilt!"
etc etc.

quality time to me is pretty important. thus, i don't mind the nagging.

its the same thing with me and my friends.

for example, i make it a point to meet my good friend; Eva (whose studying in Monash)

everyweek. same place ; same time...
at least an hour... to catch up on her life.
that's how i show my appreciation to her or my loved ones.
giving them my time.
in the end... it's all worth it.


what's your love language?


On 12:49 AM, Victor let go.