Sunday, May 07, 2006
soul searching

what a great sunday. finally a day i don't bum around all day.
watched MI111 after church service.


morning service was great. enjoyed myself.
most importantly... happy being back in the presense of God.

hmmm..something about my church. my church's culture to be specific.
i think, it's by far the most happening and fastest growing church in town.
it has a firm culture. very attractive to new comers indeed.

here's my problem. yep...the church's culture itself.
the church is hip and cool.
my church's bookstore sells trendy accessories such as various belt buckles, chains and what not.
i look at the church members...
majority of them has cool / 'unnatural' hairstyles and a great sense of fashion.


is it just me? or do i think that the christians in my church are being accepting in a totally different way... a very shallow way in fact.
making those who felt leftout before feel 'belong' ...
as long as they look cool (just like any other City Harvest Church member)
making 'appearance' matter.

what will happen to those who does not agree with my church's culture?
won't they feel left out just by being themselves?
isn't this what Christianity is all about?
letting the world know that Jesus loves everyone just as they are...

[thoughts... frustrated and just me bullshitin')
like seriously...
if some geek came lookin' for friends in CHC... it would be impossible.
CHC will transform that geek into a geek with nice hair and hip clothings and then...
he'll fit just right in.

dang... i wish i was some emo/indie kid right now.
coz i think i might just fit the 'WannaBe Hip' christian community at the moment.
just sense that my church might be lacking 'depth'.
but it's all good. as long as the good news is spread.


On 10:29 AM, Victor let go.