Saturday, February 09, 2008
opportunity cost

the cost of forgoing the next best alternative...
tonight cost me, big time.

today was supposed to be THE day for me to actually want to be back in Tawau.
if there was no other reasons for me to come back to Sabah, this alone should be worth it.
Angela's open house during CNY, it's an "event" for me. an expected gathering, sort of.

so yea, made no other plans but to visit her place, chill and hopefully get to catch up with her.
some friends of mine decided to crash at her place earlier than planned to give her a surprise...
i thought it was a perfect idea as it would definitely be impossible to chat with her when/if the crowd starts to pour in. having said that, i'm not too fond of "some" of the crowd...people that i try to avoid if ever possible.

hence, i decided that spending a few hours with Angela would suffice and could probably join my brother and his friends for a show.

plans didn't go as i expected. apparently the "surprise" was called off. the last minute change of plans was that me and my friends will visit 2 other friend's place before going to angela's house.
i skipped the 2nd house but still only managed to chat with her for a few moments and went to watch the movie.

yes, it was a good show. yes, i didn't encounter whoever i didn't want to encounter...
but No, i know Angela deserves better. and i would rather spend quality time and catch up with her anytime. so i feel bad as i'm not going to meet up with her anytime soon.

coming back to Tawau this time around has been great. its not very me to actually enjoy my stay but damn, i'll miss the food and my friends.


On 8:50 AM, Victor let go.